You may embark on ecotourism adventures to fill each day, be it on Providenciales or day trips to one of the other remote islands. Be you young or old, there is a spectrum of fun and green travel activities available for your island pleasure.
Private or custom eco-tours or excursions are available and professional help is available to custom eco-tours from your vacation cottage rental.
We list some suggestions for ecotourism activities, use your imagination to create more in this interesting landscape. And please do not hesitate to let us know if we've missed your favorite activity:
- Snorkeling and diving on coral reefs, walls and ship wrecks
- Kayak inside the barrier reef or through the mangroves
- Birdwatching in the pine forests, grasslands and mangroves
- Sailing inside the barrier reef or in the Caicos flats
- Bicycling on Middle Caicos or on the paved roads of North Caicos
- Hiking on island paths and expansive white sand beaches
- Cave exploration in some of the larger cave systems in the Caribbean
- Camping on East Caicos
- Whale watching (during the winter months)
- Explore historic ruins of the Lorimer settlers and Taino Indians
- Visit with local basket weavers, farmers and fishermen
- Remote island exploration - look for rock carvings
- Photography with a variety of green travel themes
- Taste your way through the local villages
- Sunday worship at a local church
Eco-tourism is the attainment of ecologically sustaining activities for the tourism industry, they call it sustainable tourism or green tourism. While Turks and Caicos Islands may not fit all the technical definitions of green, the Turks and Caicos Islands have set aside over 33% of its entire land and sea regions for preservation purposes: National Parks, Natures Reserves, Sanctuaries and Protected Areas. The world’s largest biodiversity wetland reserve – Ramsar – accounts for 1/3 of East Caicos, ½ of Middle Caicos and ¼ of North Caicos.
The Turks and Caicos Islands have taken the first step toward sustainable tourism and you will find it taken seriously on the outer islands. Plan to stay in a natural Caribbean island environment, explore the surrounding cays and plan a spectacular green travel adventure!!
The Turks & Caicos Islands - “ Beautiful by Nature” await you……….
Turks and Caicos Islands Handicraft Market -
Using grasses picked from wild marshes, the basket weavers in Turks and Caicos Islands, who are typically senior citizens from remote island settlements, create a variety of colorful and artistic coiled basketry. The Middle Caicos Coop aids in keeping the culture of Caribbean basket weaving alive. We appreciate your support.
Valentines Day Cup
at Bambarra Beach
DAY TRIPS to MIDDLE